San José State University, San Jose, CA, December 2007
B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Minor in Mathematics
Senior Full Stack Developer (08/2018 - 01/2019)
Full Stack Developer (08/2017 - 08/2018)
Software Engineer III (10/2015 - 05/2017)
Software Engineer II (04/2013 - 09/2015)
SoftLayer, an IBM Company - Dallas, TX and London, England
- Worked on the Virtualization Development team and responsible for the improvements and stability of our highly distributed automated virtual server provisioning system. This includes everything required to offer a fully automated turn-key solution to customers that require temporary or long-term compute resources.
- Team based architectural discussions and implementation of new features and improvements to our existing provisioning infrastructure.
- Rebuilt and improved systems management tools and internal processes without any downtime to customers.
- Ongoing reporting and analytical analysis to find bottlenecks within our provisioning pipeline that need performance improvements, as well as show the concrete improvement metrics of recent code changes. Successfully improved virtual server provision times by an overage of 15 seconds.
- Continual bug fixes, refactoring, and writing unit test to increase the overall unit test coverage of our extremely large and active codebase.
- Worked across departments (Billing, Customer Support, Internal Systems Management, Networking, etc) to alleviate problematic system behavior, provide tools and information for handling emergencies, and add new customer facing features.
- Documented functionality across departments and onboarding of new employees. Mentored new team members.
- Provided 24/7 Tier 3 support to customer help tickets and internal teams.
Senior Web Developer (12/2009 - 04/2013)
Web Developer (2/2008 – 11/2009)
Apollo Interactive - Los Angeles, CA and Dallas, TX
- Lead developer for digital advertising and internet marketing agency specialising in consumer brands and lead generation services. Developed and supported web applications for clients' paid subscribers.
- Solely responsible for the scalability, performance of more than 40 web properties belonging to our largest and most active USA clients: Curves International, Jack in the Box, VisionWorks and Chuck E. Cheese's.
- Developed Facebook applications (e.g. sweepstakes, email subscription signups), mobile site development and responsive design. Responsible for database performance and all schema decisions, 3rd party API integration and consultation, cooperative projects with clients' IT departments and project specific media teams.
Principle Web Developer (1/2007 – 2/2008)
Wiredcat LLC – San Jose, CA
- Full stack development for a social networking startup that aimed to build better relationships between people and businesses.
- Responsible for technical launch of business services and site uptime and performance.
- Responsible for database schema decisions, system architecture for the profile system (i.e. business and personal accounts)
- Implemented user interface mockups generated by the UI team.
Quality Assurance (6/2005 - 12/2006)
Software Engineering Co-Op (1/2005 - 5/2005)
America Online - Mountain View, CA
Project: Aim Express
- Local and International coordination with Bangalore, India, to certify a web application rebuilt on a new platform. Ensured that the product was ready for general release and that that behavior matched the current user experience.
- Load test plan developed and personally executed on the first widely used instance of AOL's publicly shared library for AOL Instant Messenger developers (AIMCC).
- Developed data analysis scripts to compile meaningful charts/reports and presented information to the entire team.
- Functional testing during the certification phase of our development cycle.
- Coordination with an International QA team to share test plan responsibilities and certify i18n functionality.
- Worked with developers and a team of Quality Assurance engineers to ensure that internal Advertising delivery tools were ready to be used in production.
- Black box testing of API functional, bug logging, bug verification and client side web UI testing.
- Performed load/stress tests using Silk Performer and reporting.
Project: Enhanced Favorites
- Worked with developers to ensure the product was ready to be released as Beta.
- Performed black box API functional testing, bug logging, bug verification, and client side web UI testing.
- Systems administration on test environment setup and weekly regression tests.
- Hands on work with developers to analyze current HTTP Header compression ratios with expected compression performance.
- Open source research of dial-up TCP/IP and HTTP header compression technologies to increase the overall speed of dial-up internet access.
- Text compression analysis and comparisons with live data.
- Began working to port the TopSpeed software from the Windows platform to the Mac OS X.
Intermediate proficiency in Italian, Spanish and Japanese.
Beginner proficiency in French and German.